It seems like everywhere you turn there’s another buy-one-get-one deal. Restaurants, grocery stores, and clothing stores all offer these deals to get your business. Can you really save money by taking advantage of these offers?
1. The answer is yes and no
If you’re the type of person who can control your impulses and buy only what you need, then a buy-one-get-one deal can indeed save you money. However, if you tend to make impulse purchases or buy items you don’t really need just because they’re on sale, these types of deals could end up costing you more money in the long run.
2. Bogo deals can be a great way to save money, but only if you use them right
Many people get the BOGO deal because it is available. If this is you, you may be wasting money on items you never use. There’s nothing worse than a pantry full of food and household items you’ll never use.
Now take a look at your pantry and see how many items have an expiration date that is older than a year. Look at clothes in your closet that still have tags on them that were purchased last year. This will give you an idea of how you’ve wasted money in the past on food, clothing, or other household items that you didn’t use.
If this is a habit that’s hard to break, make a list of the items you need from the store. Only get buy-one-get-one deals if they are available on those items.
3. Some tips to get the most out of Bogo deals:
- Only buy things you need or will use.
- Compare prices before you buy. Sometimes it’s cheaper to buy two items separately than as part of a BOGO deal.
- Don’t get carried away by marketing tricks. Just because something is on sale doesn’t mean you should buy it.
By following these simple tips, you’ll be sure to get the most out of your BOGO deals!
The next time you see an offer, think carefully before making a purchase. It could cost you more than you think!
Are you a sucker for buy-one-get-one deals? If so, tell us in the comments below.
- PixaBay.com – Image
- www.cleverdude.com – Info